About H.B.
Patrick J. Simmons is a webmaster/designer, snow tubing professional, and complete moron. He is a Caucasian male, stands about about 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighs approx. 245 pounds, has brown hair and eyes, and no visible tatoos or birthmarks. ARDEBIS
View Full Profile

Previous Posts
An Example Post from Patrick

Subscribe
Feeds: XML Feed

Archives


Powered by Blogger
Links (Blogs)
Fat Penguins
Mike’s Myspace Blog
Bling’s Blog
Cornell Society
The Catholic Cavemen
Fidelity to the Word
Toby’s Travels
The Hazel Page
Christus Vincit
St. Blog’s Directory

Links (Non-Blogs)
Alternative-Internet.com
The New Oxford Review
The Latin Mass
punBB Resource
Andrew’s Moves
Novus Ordo Watch
Save teh Interwebs
Save Internet Radio
Urban Dead
Traditio
Perpetual Templates Blogger Templates by Patrick J. Simmons

Tuesday, December 4, 2007
An Example Post from Quezon
The following is a post stolen from Fat Penguins:

That's write everyone... get it? WRITE? Instead of right... Okay, it's not funny, but anyway, I'm attempting to write a 50 thousand word novel, in one month because apparently that's cool now. So, all these people try and write ridiculously large books in a short period of time for who knows what reason, it's supposed to be a great achievement, but as far as I'm concerned, it's time taken away from more important things like sleeping, living, and repairing the couch. (Seriously, that's what I end up doing on the weekends.)

So continuing on, here's some website that a bunch of weirdo's sign up to in an insane attempt to help them with this unrealistic quest. www.nanowrimo.com
It does amaze me though, that some people actually have managed to hit the half-way point before the month is half over, and when I say that, I mean nothing past half the month matters if you haven't already finished half. In fact, it doesn't matter if you actually finish, because you won't. The whole second half of the month is pointless, no one actually has that long to spend writing, not to mention, most people run out of pencils by the seventh page and everyone who uses computers will either have died from lack of sun, or will have stopped paying the electric bill and will have no power. Not to mention these poor souls won't even notice when their screen turns black and will continue typing with no result.

Now you may be wondering why I would try and do something this ridiculous, but I have to. I'm physically being forced by my ego, in the form of a larger version of my head. After all, how could I spend all the month sewing the couch while Patrick rubs his novel in my face?

So, November will be very interesting for me, but not for you... your boring I'm sure...
Share: Digg It - del.icio.us - ma.gnolia - E-mail
Comments:
Post a Comment
Perpetual Templates - "White Tree" Template by Patrick J. Simmons